Announces New Science Teacher
Charlotte Academy is pleased to announce the hiring of a new Science Education teacher, Mr. Russell Hendricks. Mr. Hendricks brings a wealth of experience to Charlotte Academy having previously taught at Community Christian School in Port Charlotte and Heritage Christian Academy in Englewood for 11 years and serving as Adjunct Professor for 6 years at the College of Lake County in Grayslake, IL. He also has 10 years of field conservation biology experience.
Mr. Hendricks received his Bachelor of Science in Ornamental Horticulture from the University of Illinois and his Master of Science in Biology from the University of Nebraska – Kearney. He is a Certified Secondary Teacher with the Association of Christian Schools International and a member of Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society.
At Charlotte Academy, Mr. Hendricks will teach Earth & Space Science, Life Science and Physical Science. He will also implement a STEM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Math) program and will begin an after-school STEM Club. “I am ecstatic joining the Charlotte Academy team,” says Hendricks. “I very much welcome this opportunity.”
To learn more about Charlotte Academy and schedule a
Open Enrollment is now available for the 2014-2015 school year!
Enroll today! ( Click on the Admission Inquiry Form link above )
Charlotte Academy is proud of our students’
performance on the 2013 grade level SAT exams!
- 70% of our sixth grade students qualified for the Duke University Talent Identification Program (Duke TIP) by scoring at or above the 95th percentile in one or more sub-test of the SAT.
- Our students’ Median Grade Equivalent (MGE) scores on grade level Reading/Mathematics/Language:
- 3rd Grade: 6.7 grade level; 4th Grade: 8.1 grade level; 5th Grade: 11.2 grade level
- 6th Grade: 11.0 grade level; 7th Grade: 12.2 (11.6); 8th Grade: 11.7 (12.2)
- Students who scored “Post High School” for Reading/Language/Math:
- 70% of 8th grade, 83% of 7th grade, 60% of 6th grade
- Three 8th grade students and one 5th grade student scored in the top one percentile for Total Mathematics and/or Problem Solving.
- One 6th grade student scored in the top one percentile for Social Sciences, as did one 5th grade student for Science.
Why Charlotte Academy?
- 2012, 2013 “Best Private School” as voted in Harbor Style Magazine’s “The Harbor’s Hottest”
- 1st Place 2011, 2012, 2013 Regional Science Fair Winners who advanced to the Florida State Science Fair.
- 1st Place 2011, 2012 County Historical Fair Winners who advanced to the Florida State History Fair.
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 National MathCounts program Silver or Gold qualifying school.
- 2012 3rd place state finish by 7th grade team in the Stock Market Game.
- Over 50% of middle school students score Post-High-School on their grade-level S.A.T.
- 70% of sixth grade students qualify to take the college-board S.A.T. through the Duke University Talent Identification Program (T.I.P.).
- Charlotte Academy seventh grade T.I.P. students scored higher than 12% to 62% of college-bound seniors on sections of the college-board S.A.T.
- Charlotte Academy graduates at local public high schools on average are in the top 15 students of their respective classes of over 400 students.
- Charlotte Academy alumni accepted to top universities and honors programs, including University of Miami, Notre Dame, Villanova, UC Berkeley, Arizona State, Texas A&M, and Honors programs at UF, FSU, UCF, USF, and FGCU.
941.764.7673 phone/941.764.0342 fax
941.764.7673 phone/941.764.1060 fax