Announces New Social Studies Teacher
Charlotte Academy is pleased to announce the hiring of a new Social Studies teacher, Mr. Keith Reester. Mr. Reester brings a wealth of experience to Charlotte Academy. He has taught middle school social studies for grades 7 & 8, high school social studies for grades 10 & 11, and high school English. He has also served as a high school assistant principal, principal of a 7 -12 grade school, school district Director of Personnel, and served as a superintendent for two different school districts in the State of New York. Most recently, Mr. Reester served on the Charlotte Academy Board of Trustees. He will teach the rest of first semester through January 16, 2015.
Mr. Reester received his Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Seton Hall University. He received his Master’s degree in History from the State University of New York at Cortland where he also received his certification for school administration.
At Charlotte Academy, Mr. Reester will teach 6th grade Social Studies – Ancient Civilizations, 7th grade Social Studies – American History, and 8th grade Social Studies – Civics. He will also teach 8th grade Character Education –The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teenagers. “I have an affinity for this school and enjoy working with young people,” says Reester. “I look forward to the challenge.”
To learn more about Charlotte Academy and schedule a
campus tour, click here for the Admission Inquiry Form.
Open Enrollment is now available for the 2014-2015 school year!
Enroll today! ( Click on the Admission Inquiry Form link above )
Charlotte Academy is proud of our students’
performance on the 2013 grade level SAT exams!
- 70% of our sixth grade students qualified for the Duke University Talent Identification Program (Duke TIP) by scoring at or above the 95th percentile in one or more sub-test of the SAT.
- Our students’ Median Grade Equivalent (MGE) scores on grade level Reading/Mathematics/Language:
- 3rd Grade: 6.7 grade level; 4th Grade: 8.1 grade level; 5th Grade: 11.2 grade level
- 6th Grade: 11.0 grade level; 7th Grade: 12.2 (11.6); 8th Grade: 11.7 (12.2)
- Students who scored “Post High School” for Reading/Language/Math:
- 70% of 8th grade, 83% of 7th grade, 60% of 6th grade
- Three 8th grade students and one 5th grade student scored in the top one percentile for Total Mathematics and/or Problem Solving.
- One 6th grade student scored in the top one percentile for Social Sciences, as did one 5th grade student for Science.
Why Charlotte Academy?
- 2012, 2013 “Best Private School” as voted in Harbor Style Magazine’s “The Harbor’s Hottest”
- 1st Place 2011, 2012, 2013 Regional Science Fair Winners who advanced to the Florida State Science Fair.
- 1st Place 2011, 2012 County Historical Fair Winners who advanced to the Florida State History Fair.
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 National MathCounts program Silver or Gold qualifying school.
- 2012 3rd place state finish by 7th grade team in the Stock Market Game.
- Over 50% of middle school students score Post-High-School on their grade-level S.A.T.
- 70% of sixth grade students qualify to take the college-board S.A.T. through the Duke University Talent Identification Program (T.I.P.).
- Charlotte Academy seventh grade T.I.P. students scored higher than 12% to 62% of college-bound seniors on sections of the college-board S.A.T.
- Charlotte Academy graduates at local public high schools on average are in the top 15 students of their respective classes of over 400 students.
- Charlotte Academy alumni accepted to top universities and honors programs, including University of Miami, Notre Dame, Villanova, UC Berkeley, Arizona State, Texas A&M, and Honors programs at UF, FSU, UCF, USF, and FGCU.
941.764.7673 phone/941.764.0342 fax
941.764.7673 phone/941.764.1060 faxCharlotte Academy To Host Classroom Under The Sea Professors