Announces New Social Studies Teacher
Charlotte Academy is pleased to announce the hiring of Mrs. Erin Bogie as our new social studies teacher. Mrs. Bogie will replace Mr. Reester who was serving in an interim capacity. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Public Relations in 2004 and a Masters of Education degree in Curriculum and Instruction in 2007, both from Florida Gulf Coast University. Mrs. Bogie brings 5+ years of middle school teaching experience with her, having taught at Sarasota Military Academy, Brookside Middle School and Imagine Charter School, all in Sarasota County. She recently moved to Charlotte County with her husband and twin boys.
Besides teaching English, Reading, and Language Arts, Mrs. Bogie has served as an Academic Olympics coach, National Junior Honor Society advisor, Student Council advisor, 7th grade Team Leader, Theater Director, and Head Girls Basketball coach. She has also served as department head at Brookside and Imagine schools.
At Charlotte Academy, Mrs. Bogie will teach 6th grade Social Studies – Ancient Civilizations, 7th grade Social Studies – American History, and 8th grade Social Studies – Civics. She will also teach 8th grade Character Education –The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teenagers and is very interested in starting a Model UN Program here. “I was immediately struck by the family feeling of Charlotte Academy and greatly look forward to joining an outstanding school,” says Mrs. Bogie. Welcome, Erin!
To learn more about Charlotte Academy and schedule a
campus tour, click here for the Admission Inquiry Form.
Open Enrollment is now available for the 2014-2015 school year!
Enroll today! ( Click on the Admission Inquiry Form link above )
Charlotte Academy is proud of our students’
performance on the 2013 grade level SAT exams!
- 70% of our sixth grade students qualified for the Duke University Talent Identification Program (Duke TIP) by scoring at or above the 95th percentile in one or more sub-test of the SAT.
- Our students’ Median Grade Equivalent (MGE) scores on grade level Reading/Mathematics/Language:
- 3rd Grade: 6.7 grade level; 4th Grade: 8.1 grade level; 5th Grade: 11.2 grade level
- 6th Grade: 11.0 grade level; 7th Grade: 12.2 (11.6); 8th Grade: 11.7 (12.2)
- Students who scored “Post High School” for Reading/Language/Math:
- 70% of 8th grade, 83% of 7th grade, 60% of 6th grade
- Three 8th grade students and one 5th grade student scored in the top one percentile for Total Mathematics and/or Problem Solving.
- One 6th grade student scored in the top one percentile for Social Sciences, as did one 5th grade student for Science.
Why Charlotte Academy?
- 2012, 2013 “Best Private School” as voted in Harbor Style Magazine’s “The Harbor’s Hottest”
- 1st Place 2011, 2012, 2013 Regional Science Fair Winners who advanced to the Florida State Science Fair.
- 1st Place 2011, 2012 County Historical Fair Winners who advanced to the Florida State History Fair.
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 National MathCounts program Silver or Gold qualifying school.
- 2012 3rd place state finish by 7th grade team in the Stock Market Game.
- Over 50% of middle school students score Post-High-School on their grade-level S.A.T.
- 70% of sixth grade students qualify to take the college-board S.A.T. through the Duke University Talent Identification Program (T.I.P.).
- Charlotte Academy seventh grade T.I.P. students scored higher than 12% to 62% of college-bound seniors on sections of the college-board S.A.T.
- Charlotte Academy graduates at local public high schools on average are in the top 15 students of their respective classes of over 400 students.
- Charlotte Academy alumni accepted to top universities and honors programs, including University of Miami, Notre Dame, Villanova, UC Berkeley, Arizona State, Texas A&M, and Honors programs at UF, FSU, UCF, USF, and FGCU.
941.764.7673 phone/941.764.0342 fax
941.764.7673 phone/941.764.1060 faxCharlotte Academy To Host Classroom Under The Sea Professors